Introduction to Mosaic Knitting: Pressed Flowers - A Virtual Workshop - December 4th and 11th
A 2-part Virtual Workshop with Christine Mursa, Knit Chats
Mondays, December 4th and 11th 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The Pressed Flowers patterns by Amy Christoffers are admired by many knitters of all skill levels. These patterns use a colorwork style known as mosaic knitting, a technique that uses two different colors of yarn and slipped stitches to create beautiful designs. Mosaic knitting looks intimidating, but it is so easy to learn. It is an ideal starting point for beginners who would like to try colorwork. Seasoned stitchers will also marvel at the elegance and simplicity of mosaic knitting. In this class, we’ll work together to get started on the Pressed Flowers Cowl, a great way to get comfortable with mosaic knitting and reading charts. You’ll gain the confidence to move forward with other Pressed Flowers patterns.
Ability to knit and purl with ease
- A purchased copy of the pattern Pressed Flowers Cowl, available on Ravelry
- 325 (450, 650) yards Sport, or DK, approximately 175 (250, 350) yards of the Main Color(MC), 150 (200, 300) yards for the Contrasting Color(CC). The yarn quantity will depend on the size to make
- Straight or 24-inch circular knitting needles US 6/4.00mm
- Stitch markers
- Preferred method to count rows – row counter, pencil and paper etc.
- Tapestry needle for weaving in ends (not necessary for the class, but you’ll need it when you finish)
- Piece of paper or cardstock to cover the top part of the chart while you are working (this is helpful, but not required)
Pre-work to complete before the start of class:
- With the Main Color (MC) cast on 59 stitches. Do not join. Knit 1 wrong side (WS) row.
Full payment is needed to reserve your space. For a refund on the class, cancellations must be made five days prior to the class. All refunds are given as store credit only. If we cancel the class for any reason, you will receive a full refund. Please note that any supplies or homework are listed under the class description. No Monarch Rewards Points can be used towards the payment of a class.