Introduction to Seaming - A Virtual Workshop - February 25th
Thursday, February 25th from 11:00am to noon
Good seaming skills make all the difference in achieving a polished and professional look to your handknits. In this 1-hour workshop, we’ll cover two basic seaming methods: Mattress Stitch and Kitchener Stitch. You’ll learn how these techniques are applied to stockinette and garter fabric, including horizontal, vertical and curved edges. Join us and learn to seam with confidence!
Optional pre-work: If you’d like to follow along and practice on your own swatches, please bring your choice of the following to class:
- Mattress stitch: Two 3” x 3” stockinette swatches, bound off
- Mattress stitch: Two 3” x 3” garter stitch swatches, bound off
- Kitchener: Two 3” x 3” stockinette swatches still on the needles
- Darning needle, sized for your yarn
- Crochet hook, sized for your yarn
- Smooth yarn for seaming, same or similar weight to swatches
Full payment is needed to reserve your space. For a refund on the class, cancellations must be made 5 days prior to the class. All refunds are given as store credit only. If we cancel the class for any reason, you will receive a full refund. Please note any supplies or homework are listed under the class description. No Monarch Rewards Points can be used towards the payment of a class.
We suggest that you have a good internet connection so the class video does not buffer. Zoom suggests you have at least 2 MPBS upload and download speed from your internet service provider.