Introduction to Stranded / Fair Isle Knitting - A Virtual Class - November 1st and 8th
A two-part Virtual Workshop with Amy Odin, Knit Chats
Mondays, November 1st and 8th from 11:00am to Noon
Have you wanted to master Stranded / Fair Isle Knitting? This is the introduction that will set you on your way! Knit the Flor Vieja Cowl, a simple yet beautiful repeating design that will give you a basic understanding of the technique. Follow along with teacher, designer and Knit Chats Coach Amy Odin in this two-part class as she demonstrates how to manage and knit two colors of yarn across one row. She will also teach how to read a simple colorwork chart that accompanies the pattern. Also included are detailed instructions and demonstrations for catching your floats with both main and contrasting colors.
Skills required: Must know how to cast on, join in the round, and knit.
- Free pattern – Flor Vieja Cowl by Leslie Roth (download from Ravelry)
- 400 yards total worsted weight yarn (200 for color A, 200 for color B)
- Size 5 US (24” circular needle)
- Size 7 US (24” circular needle) or size needed to get gauge (5 sts – 1 inch)
- 1 stitch marker
- With color A, and smaller needles, cast on 128 sts.
- Place marker and join in the round.
- Work 8 rounds of 2x2 rib (k2, p2, k2, p2…).
- Change to larger needles and knit one round
Full payment is needed to reserve your space. For a refund on the class, cancellations must be made 5 days prior to the class. All refunds are given as store credit only. If we cancel the class for any reason, you will receive a full refund. Please note any supplies or homework are listed under the class description. No Monarch Rewards Points can be used towards the payment of a class.
We suggest that you have a good internet connection so the class video does not buffer. Zoom suggests you have at least 2 MPBS upload and download speed from your internet service provider.