Learn to Knit a Sweater with the Cradle Cardigan - A Virtual Workshop - February 12th, 19th and 26th
A 3-part Virtual Workshop with Amy Odin of Knit Chats
Friday, February 12th, 19th and 26th – 11:00am to Noon
Join Amy Odin, KnitChat’s coach, teacher and designer, to knit this adorable baby cardigan by Hannah Fettig. No seaming required! This is a perfect first sweater project to learn all the techniques that a top down raglan style entails. As an added bonus, when you’re finished, you’ll be armed with all the knowledge needed to knit the Simple Cardigan, Hannah’s adult version! For the first class you’ll cast on, work the set up round and learn how to work raglan increases. Amy will show you how to separate the sleeves from the body and work to the hem for the second class. Finally, for the third class, she will show you how to pick up stitches and knit sleeves on double pointed needles. The class will wrap with some tips for blocking and sewing on buttons.
Skills required: Must know how to cast on, knit, purl and bind off.
- One 24” length circular needles in size US 5 or size to get gauge 24 sts for 4-inches
- Note: The pattern calls for 16” length circular needles, but I found 24” to be much more comfortable.
- 360 - 540 yds sport or light dk weight yarn. Check pattern for yardage requirements for your desired size. (Quince and Co Chickadee,or Ewe Ewe So Sporty)
- One set of double pointed needles in US 5 (or size to get gauge)
- 6 stitch markers, waste yarn, tapestry needle, two ½ “ buttons / sewing needle and thread.
Pre-work: Read through the pattern. Come to class having cast on and ready to work the set-up row.
Full payment is needed to reserve your space. For a refund on the class, cancellations must be made 5 days prior to the class. All refunds are given as store credit only. If we cancel the class for any reason, you will receive a full refund. Please note any supplies or homework are listed under the class description. No Monarch Rewards Points can be used towards the payment of a class.
We suggest that you have a good internet connection so the class video does not buffer. Zoom suggests you have at least 2 MPBS upload and download speed from your internet service provider.