My First Top-Down Sweater: Baby Raglan - In-Store Workshop - March 27th, April 3rd and 10th
A 3-part Project Based Workshop
Mondays, March 27th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm,
April 3rd and 10th from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Are you ready for the next step in your knitting journey? During this three-part workshop, we will walk you through the process of making a top-down raglan baby sweater - the perfect size to learn all the basic skills needed to then knit a sweater of your own! We will be making the Baby Raglan by Madelinetosh, a seamless design that is worked from the top down to the hem and sleeves. In the first session, we will cover gauge, casting-on and joining in the round, and increasing for raglan shaping. In session two, there will be ample time for questions, after which we will divide the sleeves, talk about how to join new balls of yarn, and work on the body of the sweater. In session three, we will pick up and work on knitting the sleeves and talk about blocking your finished project. My First Top-Down Sweater class is the perfect introduction to the joys of sweater knitting!
Skills taught in this class:
- Gauge swatching
- Setting up markers for and learning about raglan increases
- Increasing and decreasing
- Reading a simple sweater pattern
- Separating the sleeves from the body
- Picking up stitches and knitting sleeves
- Basic sweater blocking
Skill level: Advanced beginner.
- US 4 (3.5mm) and 6 (4.00mm) double pointed needles
- US 4 (3.5mm) and 6 (4.00mm) 16-inch circular needles
- or US 4 (3.5mm) and 6 (4.00mm) 32-inch circular needles for magic loop
- stitch markers
- opening stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- stitch holders or extra yarn
- Two skeins of Madelinetosh DK or Tosh Wool + Cotton, 2 to 3 skeins of Berroco Vintage Baby or 3 to 4 skeins Sandnes Garn Double Sunday. (We are happy to help with yarn selection, so you have the correct amount for the size you are knitting.)
Homework: You must knit a gauge swatch and block it. Cast on 30 stitches on a US 6 in the yarn you are using for the sweater. Knit about 4-inch in stockinette stitch and bind-off the swatch.
Please come to class on time with the listed supplies and, if required, completed homework.
Full payment is needed to reserve your space. For a refund on the class, cancellations must be made 5 days prior to the class. All refunds are given as store credit only. If we cancel the class for any reason, you will receive a full refund. Please note any supplies or homework are listed under the class description. No Monarch Rewards Points can be used towards the payment of a class.