Crosswise Cadence Gloves - A Virtual Workshop - July 7th and 14th
A 2-part Virtual Workshop with Amy Odin, Knit Chats
Wednesday, July 7th, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm AND Wednesday, July 14th, 11:00 am - noon
Learn to knit the Crosswise Cadence Gloves from the designer herself! Join Amy Odin, Knitchats Coach, teacher and designer as she guides you through this project in two separate sessions, one week apart. The gloves are worked in the round and feature a delightful and unusual diagonal slip stitch pattern. For the first session, Amy will help you master the eight-row repeat that creates the slip stitches. She will explain and demonstrate how to work through the thumb gusset in preparation for the second session. The following week you will complete the thumb and resume the slip stitch pattern to finish the glove.
- Must be able to knit in the round using double pointed needles (DPNs) or other preferred method *
- *Note that class demonstrations will be worked using DPNs. Students are responsible for making pattern adjustments if Magic loop method or using two 16” needles are used
- 200-240 yds (depending on size – see pattern) fingering weight yarn in a variegated or solid color. If using a variegated yarn, be sure there are no extreme contrasts of light and dark. This will hide the slip stitch pattern.
- Size US 2 DPNs or size to get gauge (28 sts and 44 rows = 4 inches in Stockinette St after blocking)
- Waste yarn for holding live stitches
- “Crosswise Cadence Gloves” Pattern available for purchase on Ravelry
- Complete a gauge swatch to determine correct needle size.
- Cast on for the project in your preferred glove size, work the twisted rib cuff (22 rnds), then knit one rnd.
- For a demonstration of the cast on called for in the pattern, see my video in my youtube channel “Double Long Tail Cast On”. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbRW04nqNvD8tolVoqfqKZQ/videos
Full payment is needed to reserve your space. For a refund on the class, cancellations must be made 5 days prior to the class. All refunds are given as store credit only. If we cancel the class for any reason, you will receive a full refund. Please note any supplies or homework are listed under the class description. No Monarch Rewards Points can be used towards the payment of a class.
We suggest that you have a good internet connection so the class video does not buffer. Zoom suggests you have at least 2 MPBS upload and download speed from your internet service provider.