Introduction to Short Rows - A Virtual Workshop - September 14th
A 1.5-hour Virtual Workshop with Jessica, Knit Chats
Tuesday, September 14th from 11:00am to 12:30pm
What are they? Why are they used? How are they done? What are these unsightly holes where I have turned? Let’s face it: we’ve all posed at least one of these questions when we learned of short rows. Join KnitChats instructor, Jessica, for a dive into short rows! Together, you’ll define short rows, see what magic they do, practice some short row techniques, and troubleshoot not only technique, but also method and yarn pairings as well. See you there!
Please come to class on time with the listed supplies and, if required, completed homework.
- DK or Worsted weight yarn
- US 7 or US 8 needles as appropriate for the yarn
- 6 locking stitch markers.
Pre-work: Make three, small swatches:
- CO 22
- Rows 1-3: Knit
- Row 4: K2, P to last 2 sts, K2
- Row 5: Knit
- Row 6: K2, P to last 2 sts, K2
- Row 7: K19 (the last 3 sts are not worked prior to class)
- * Move all stitches to a spare needle or keep on working needle. I am using a set of 5 double pointed needles to hold my swatches.
Full payment is needed to reserve your space. For a refund on the class, cancellations must be made 5 days prior to the class. All refunds are given as store credit only. If we cancel the class for any reason, you will receive a full refund. Please note any supplies or homework are listed under the class description. No Monarch Rewards Points can be used towards the payment of a class.
We suggest that you have a good internet connection so the class video does not buffer. Zoom suggests you have at least 2 MPBS upload and download speed from your internet service provider.