Introduction to Stranded / Fair Isle Knitting - A Virtual Class - February 3rd and 10th
A two-part Virtual Workshop with Amy Odin, Knit Chats
Wednesdays, February 3rd and 10th from 11:00am to Noon
Have you wanted to master Stranded / Fair Isle Knitting? This is the introduction that will set you on your way! This beanie has a simple one-color motif that will give you a basic understanding of the technique. Knit along with teacher, designer and Knit Chats Coach Amy Odin in this two-part class as she demonstrates a few different ways to manage and knit two colors of yarn across one row. She will also teach how to read a simple color-work chart that accompanies the pattern. Also included are detailed instructions and demonstrations for catching your floats with both main and contrasting colors.
Skills required: Must know how to cast on, join in the round, and knit.
- Free pattern – Laurus by Dianna Walla (download from Ravelry)
- Worsted weight yarn in two contrasting colors (see pattern for amounts)
- 16” circular needles in size 8 or size to obtain gauge (18 sts = 4 in in St st)
- 16” circular needles in size 6 (or two sizes down from larger needle)
Pre-work: Come to the first class having
- cast on
- joined in the round
- knit the rib brim on your smaller needles
- then three stockinette stitch rows (up to the beginning of the color-work section) using your larger needles.
- If you are unsure how to knit the two single stripes in the brim, feel free to not include them. Your hat will still look super cute!
Full payment is needed to reserve your space. For a refund on the class, cancellations must be made 5 days prior to the class. All refunds are given as store credit only. If we cancel the class for any reason, you will receive a full refund. Please note any supplies or homework are listed under the class description. No Monarch Rewards Points can be used towards the payment of a class.
We suggest that you have a good internet connection so the class video does not buffer. Zoom suggests you have at least 2 MPBS upload and download speed from your internet service provider.