Do you love Julie Hoover patterns and mYak yarn? If so, pick up your needles and knit with me! Monarch Knitting has joined Julie Hoover, mYak, and the Knitting Posse for a spring Knitalong filled community and fun.
This KAL is the perfect time to start knitting a timeless, elegant modern garment, Julie’s signature. Her designs are the epitome of casual elegance and always include the most thoughtful details along with shaping and construction—the pieces you will want to keep in your closet forever. The typical difficulty of a Julie Hoover pattern is a 3 out of 5, and there are over 140 from which to choose! Bring your friends and come knit along with us this Spring.
WHEN: April 5, 2023 to June 17, 2023
- April 6th to April 22nd - Select your pattern, yarn and sign up for the KAL
- April 22nd - Cast-on Party on Zoom
- May 13th - Mid-point check-in on Zoom with prizes
- June 17th - Final Show-and-Tell on Zoom with prizes
- If you miss a Zoom session, it will be recorded and posted on YouTube so you can watch it at your leisure.
- Live on Zoom: See dates above. We will send you the links when you sign up with us
- Social Media:
- Please post your projects on Ravelry and Instagram for everyone to see! On Instagram, we invite you to follow @juliehoover_designs @mYak_fibers @theknittingposse and @monarchknitting and use the hashtag #JHmYakPosseKAL
- If you enjoy following along on Ravelry, you can do so in the Knitting Posse group.
- Select a Julie Hoover pattern that you have always wanted to knit. If you are like me, the list is long! See below for some suggestions.
- Pick the yarn that will work with the pattern.
- All mYak yarns for this KAL are 15% off at Monarch from Thursday, April 6th to Saturday, April 8th.
- All orders and sign ups must be made through the shop, not online. Please call us at 831-647-9276 or email us here.
- If you would like a yarn we do not have in stock, we are placing a large order on Monday of next week. You will have your yarn in plenty of time for the KAL.
- The 15% discount applies to all special orders placed from April 6th to 8th.
- Julie also has a line of yarn that only she stocks, so if you want to use one of hers, please do! You can find her studio blend here!
- We suggest using yarns by mYak and/or Julie Hoover, but as we simply want to “knit together,” feel free to use ANY yarn.
There are so many fabulous patterns, it will be hard to make a selection. You can find all of Julie’s designs on Ravelry. Here are some of my favorites!
Prose: This pullover is my selection for the KAL. I love an easy pullover, and mYak Laceweight is one of my go-to yarns. Prose will be my third sweater in this fiber–I love it! I plan to knit it in Urban Nature, but I am not sure what color I will do the trim...what do you think?
Dane - Oh goodness, do I love this sweater. It is a lot of yarn but so worth it. This sweater does not live in the shop because it is in my closet at home. I wear it so much! My Dane was knit with four strands of scrumptious mYak Baby Yak Lace (two strands of midnight, two strands of lazy day).
Lucca Scarf: If spring is on your mind, pick up some mYak Baby Lace and knit the Lucca scarf. Doesn't this scarf make you dream about strolling to an outdoor cafe in Italy?
Sille Wrap and Scarf: We have this all knit up in the shop to feature in a newsletter next fall. Knit in mYak Baby Medium, this cable pattern will keep your fingers happy. You can either knit a cowl or a wrap.
Piedmont: This sweater was a close second as my choice for the KAL. Crazy person that I am, I was considering knitting it in black. Piedmont has a subtle cable that is repeated every eight rows. Knit in mYak Medium, its sophistication will shine through. Do not be surprised if you see this on my needles towards the end of summer. I think this is a perfect fall sweater.
Here are the links to a few more to entice you. Now, it is up to you. Good luck making a decision!
Don't forget; we can order any yarn you might need for your project.
Veneto - mYak Baby Lace
Laurent - mYak Baby Medium
Canale - mYak Kupa
Pearson - mYak Tibetan Cloud
Keller - mYak Tibetan Cloud
Post - mYak Baby Camel
Cline - mYak Baby Medium