I really enjoy the Winter Olympics: Skiing, skating, short track speed skating, ski jumping and snowboarding. I love it all. So how in the heck did the start of the games sneak up on me this year? Normally, a few weeks before the Olympics I would set up a knit-a-long for you all to join. I would have put it in the newsletter and on social media and, and, and , and – Well, this year I didn't even think about it.
Just because I didn't have my ducks in a row, we can still have some fun, right? You can work on the project that has been lurking in your knitting bag or, if you are all caught up, cast on something special.
To guidelines are simple:
1. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM us on Instagram and let us know what project you will be starting or picking up again.
2. You must have purchased the yarn at Monarch Knitting. We can look it up in your profile to verify so don't worry about that. (Don’t forget to let us know what yarn you are using.)
3. Start working on your project during the opening ceremonies on February 4th.
3. At the end of the games, February 20th, email, or DM us a photo of your project, you can tag us on IG too! Hopefully, it will be completed but if not, that is just fine, progress is everything! All end of Olympics photo entries in by the 26th of February.
4. One project per person and one entry per person.
5. The prizes? A Shibui kit, a Thread and Maple Weekender basket, or a Monarch Gift Card, will be drawn on February 27th.
What will I be working on? I am taking a page from our lovely Hudson + West Trunk show and knit a project that has been high in my queue for quite a while, Sloane Rosenthal's Amelia. Knit in Forge, one of my favorite yarns, the pullover is a feast of cables and basket weave stitches. I am not starting the sweater from the cast on. I knit a few inches of the sweater in January but put it down to finish my Cardi Cocoon. It will be a fun sweater to work on over the next few weeks.
Join in the Olympic fun and get a project going! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram as you are working away!