Fair Isle Workshop: The Doodle Cowl - In-Store Workshop - December 2nd
Saturday, December 2nd, from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Join Koryn to master the skills needed to Fair Isle with confidence! We will use Jamie Lomax's Doodle Deck cards to create a two-color fair isle cowl. We will begin with a couple of motifs that we all work together, and then your deck is all yours to create your personalized design motif.
In this class, we will show you how to work with two colors simultaneously, strand your yarn, read a color-work chart, and correct a mistake using duplicate stitch. After you learn the technique of Fair Isle knitting with this small and manageable project, you will be able to tackle any color-work project in the future. Beware, it is addicting! (Check out all of her motifs on Ravelry!)
Skills Required: You must how to knit, purl, cast on and bind off.
- Doodle Card Deck Set
- DK weight yarn, come be the shop and we can help you select a palatte
- US 5 (3.75 mm) 16-inch circular needle
- stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- highlighter tape or washi tape to keep track of rows
Pre-work: Before taking the class, we ask that you come into the store to select your project. Then please:
- Cast on 120 stitches and join in the round, placing a beginning of round marker
- Knit 1.5-inches of 1x1 rib
- Kit one round in the MC, placing markers every 24 stitches. (make sure these markers are different from the beginning of round marker.
Full payment is needed to reserve your space. For a refund on the class, cancellations must be made five days prior to the class. All refunds are given as store credit only. If we cancel the class for any reason, you will receive a full refund. Please note that any supplies or homework are listed under the class description. No Monarch Rewards Points can be used towards the payment of a class.